Similarities and differences among Depreciation, Depletion and Amortization


Depreciation is the systematic and rational allocation of tangible and current asset cost over the periods benefited by the use of the asset. 

Depletion is the periodic allocation of the cost of natural resources.

Amortization is the periodic cost allocation process for intangible assets.

Depreciation, depletion and amortization are all periodical allocation of cost of fixed assets, natural resorts and intangible assets respectively and all charged to the revenue account. The difference among these three items are that depreciation, depletion and amortization related to fixed assets, natural resources and intangible assets respectively.  Merchandising Transaction

2 comments:

  1. Email me your assignments and I will send you back the solutions.
    In addition to solving problems I do projects, papers and essays.
    I offer assistance in the following areas, undergraduate, graduate and post graduate levels:
    Accounting
    Accounting concept
    Income statement
    Balance sheet
    Cash-flow statement
    Accounts receivable, Note receivable
    Inventory
    Fixed Assets, Depreciation
    Intangible assets
    Current liability
    Bond
    Long-term liability
    Common and preferred stock
    Treasury stock
    Cash and dividends
    Financial statement analysis
    Cost accounting, Cost analysis
    Accounting and management decision
    Budgeting
    prashant8778@yahoo.co.in












    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Fajar. I live in  Bedono in Central Java   I was in a very chronic financial issue and terminal health situation some few weeks back. After all my search for assistance from friends and neighbors proved abortive, I feel there was no one who truly cares. I became so exhausted due to lack of funds to expand my business and my 2 kids aged 5 and 8 were also not good looking due to lack of proper care as a result of finance. One faithful morning I saw an old time friend of my late husband and I told him all I have been going through and he said the only way he could help was to direct me to a good loan officer in USA that also helped him, He explained to me on how he was financially down and how he got boosted by this loan officer ( Mr Pedro   who grant him 7,000,000.00 USD loan at an affordable rate of 2% rate . He further assured me that they were the only legit loan firm he found online. He gave me their email &  That was how i applied and was also granted a loan and my life changed for the good. CONTACT THE ONLY GENUINE LENDER Mr Pedro VIA    Email:    pedroloanss@gmail.com  to resolve your financial mess.  

    ReplyDelete